Arguing about why basketball is the best sport is a never-ending debate. Establishing a sport to be the best than every other game is indeed a waste of time and energy.
Games are supposed to be fun and one of the greatest time-pass activities. So, let’s keep it that way. But proving basketball as one of the best games could be a good enough argument.
So, throughout the article, we’ll try to find the reasons why we think it is one of the greatest. Keeping in mind the health benefits and how fun it is to play the game, the reasoning below will motivate you to start playing basketball without any delay. Let’s see at a glance what are the main points we’ll read below.
- Uncountable reasons (motivational)
- Health benefits (for nerds)
- How to play basketball for beginners? (knowledgebase)
- What is the standard basketball hoop height? (knowledgebase)
Why Basketball is the Best Sport? Uncountable Reasons
I’m just messing with you. It’s not uncountable. It’s totally countable but if you see it from a real fan’s point of view, the reasons are endless.
- Money is the least concern to start playing this game. All you need is a hoop and ball, to begin with. So, gather $20 or $30 and spend some quality time with your friends.
- The rules of basketball are so simple that anyone can memorize them quickly. The game is also very simple to understand. But mastering the shots to be perfect takes some time.
- The game is so dope that it brings the wildest part within you out in no time. No gears are used, so the hits a player takes from the opponent requires braveness.
- You can play it in any weather condition. When it’s summer, play outside. When it’s winter, play inside. You can pass your leisure time playing basketball throughout the year.
Some More Reasons Why Basketball is Considered the Best
- The game time is not so long or not too short. 40 minutes makes it perfect and every second count in this game. The excitement is in the nature of this game and you can’t avoid or deny it.
- Unlike other games where the position makes some players super important and some to be less important, basketball creates equal opportunities for its players. Anyone with great tricks can be a superhero.
- If you’re not an American, you can agree to the above reasons. But if you’re an American, this one is for you. Basketball is a part of the great American culture. You can call it the streetball. No game is more popular than basketball. Every kid in the corner played the game at least once in their life. No wonder why it’s the best.
That’s not all but what can I say, the points won’t end and you’ll get bored eventually. I think the above reasons are more than enough to make the game one of the greatest of all.
Last, of all, we’ve to bring in the health benefits. Just one point can’t cover it. So, the nest section is dedicated to it.
Why Basketball is the Best Sport? Health Benefits
I told this point is for nerds but think for a moment that who isn’t concerned about their health? Everyone is and in a sense, we’re all nerds. So, let’s see some health benefits of basketball to get you into agreeing basketball is one of the best sport.
Improved Mental Health
One of the biggest challenges as a modern-day student or worker is having a sound mind. It’s because we’re continuously under the immense pressure of performing better and better. Basketball helps us improve our mental health. It’s a game of perfect team effort. Human, by nature, gets better at everything working as a team.
Improved Body Shape and Motor-skill
The way basketball forces you to move makes the body well-shaped and fit. It also improves your motor-skill. Because you have to make quick decisions continuously while you’re running or jumping. Overall, playing basketball is a great way of burning calories.
Improves the Level of Confidence
Playing as a team, making quick decisions, earning points and winning makes you confident like no other. It’s a common benefit of almost any game that has to be played as a team.
As the best basketball shoes for point guards will increase your safety and will let you play without any tension.
If all those arguments and reasoning have motivated you to start playing basketball immediately, you may be losing your mind right now about how to start. Well, the section below is only for you.
How to play basketball for beginners?
Maybe you’re new in this game but so was Michael Jordan. So, don’t hesitate to make the first attempt. Here, you’ll know a couple of steps towards basketball.
Watch and Learn
The first step includes watching the game, knowing some rules, and picking up the pieces little by little. When you get familiarized with all the parts, rules, and tricks, start practicing.
Practice a Lot
There’s no way of becoming a good basketball player without practicing. You’ll come across someone within your circle who knows how to play basketball.
Make him/her teach you the game slowly day by day. After some practicing, you’ll know why basketball is the best sport (arguably) as it’s very easy to learn.
Dribbling, Shooting, and Jumping
Learning the game is definitely easy and quick but plying or mastering the tricks is very hard. Continuously dribbling, shooting the ball while running, or jumping to catch the ball and shoot, are very difficult to perform. All of these require great moving ability which is ensured by a fit and shaped body.
With all those beginner steps, you’ll be more than ready. After some playing, you’ll slowly start doing tricky moves, dazzling the opponent, passing and making opportunities, and some jaw-dropping perfect shots to the hoop.
The more strong your basics are, the more you’ll become a pro. With some online videos and an offline coach, all you’ll need some self-motivation and self-determination.
What is the Standard Basketball Hoop Height?
This portion is necessary to make the plan of playing basketball a reality. Choosing the perfect basketball hoop is very important. We can help you with our great reviews on the basketball hoops driveway.
Knowing the standard height will allow you to play or practice with the pro setup. You can also make changes to the height according to your needs.
The standard hoop height is 10 feet or 305 cm above the ground. Don’t measure the end of the net. Measure the top of the hoop from the ground and see if its 10 feet high and you’re good to go.
For your information, the backboard dimension should be 72 inches or 183 cm wide and 42 inches or 110 cm tall. The basketball hoop diameter should be 18 inches or 46 cm. The dimension of the inner rectangle of the board should be 24 inches or 61 cm wide and 18 inches or 46 cm tall.
There’s always some athlete who takes the game to a whole new level. For example, Pele and Maradona took soccer to every corner of the world, Tiger Woods got us involved in golfs like no other, Don Bradman made cricket widely popular. Like them, Michael Jordan and LeBron James made basketball popular like never before.
Arguing James or MJ who is the greatest basketball player of all time is not possible. Like that, comparing basketball with another sport and ruling out one as the best sport in the world is not worthy of anything.
Every sport has its audience and enthusiast and we should respect that. So, we should ask how to play basketball like a pro instead of asking why basketball is the best sport in the world.