Are you a newbie in bowling who is looking for tips on how to throw a bowling ball? Did you browse through all the blogs and websites on the internet, but gave up after looking for many hours because you were not satisfied with their solutions? Or, just maybe you were fascinated to see all those videos in slow motion where the famous PBA Legend Pete Weber dropped all the pins in one stroke.
Or, are you already an expert who knows how to throw a bowling ball straight but want to learn the procedure of how to curve a bowling ball? I have got some news for you; you will find the answer to all the questions in my guide here.
I have prepared my guide in such a way that you will want to come back again and again in this blog for more information about other things you are interested to know about. You might be wondering, how do I know so many things? The answer to your question is, I am an expert bowler myself.
My tips on how to throw a bowling ball
You will not need to visit any bowling coaches if you read the guide very thoroughly. Why would you want to waste hundreds of dollars on someone you do not know when I there to provide you the solution?
There are many videos available on Youtube and all over the internet which will show you about the bowling hook release in slow motion. You will see that most of the time the players who release the ball are successful 100% of the time. I have to tell you the truth, it is not that easy. If you were able to release a bowling ball in slow motion like the movie Matrix’s bullet-time mode, there would have been no need for you to read my guide.
No Beed for a Coach to Master Bowling
I have seen many bowling coaches who think that their students should try to change their style of play and try to mimic the coach themselves. This is where I differ with them; I will say that you keep your style. The only thing I will ask you to do is that you should add my tips to your own style during playing.
Along with having the best beginner bowling ball, here is what you need to add to your own style before you deliver the ball.
- I always try to drag my leg on the back of my body so it can make my hips on par with my mark.
- The spot where you will be standing is the most important. Do not change the spot until you think that there is a need to do so.
- Use the biggest toe in your body to make you in line with the spot. If you are a right-handed player, use the right toe and vice-versa.
- Relax and take a very depth breath. Your moment of salvation is not far away! Clear your mind of any other thoughts.
Some Important Things on Throwing Bowling Ball
Are you holding the ball on the side of your body or is it in front of it? Keep it in mind that you will have to hold the ball beside your body.
Imagine the direction of the bowling ball. Try to think about the direction it will be traveling.
- Check that your shoulders are in line with the lane of the bowling.
- The more you will practice these steps, the more of an expert you will become!
- Take a deep breath one more time before your delivery.
Taking a Deep Breath Before the Bowling Ball Delivery
This step is where I have seen many people make the mistake. They often forget to use the leg where they have lost power at first and that is when most of the problems occur. Make sure that you use right-left if you are a righty and vice versa.
Make sure that the ball is aimed downwards towards the bowling pins. There is no need to apply too much pressure and grip the ball too tightly.
Now, release the ball from your thumb first and make sure that the ball is leaving it in a smooth way.
Curving a Bowling Ball Properly
Since you have now mastered the straight shot, now it is time for you to learn another very complex method. It takes some skill and expertise in curving a bowling ball. Many professional players have found it to be an effective method than a straight shot. Here is how the pros do it:
- My first advice to you is that you should not try to copy the methods used by other professional bowlers. It will not bring you any benefit.
- If you are a woman and using Ladies’ bowling balls, then you should consider your perfect posture.
- Make sure that you are no more than 3 inches away from the line for the foul. Grab the bowling ball so that it is in parallel to your wrist.
- The position you will be making should be similar when you shake your hand to greet someone.
- Your wrist should not be too tight to make you uncomfortable.
Keeping the Focus Part
• Also, keep your focus towards the direction of the arrow of the lane which is your target.
• As you did for the straight shot, prepare your body to fire the ball in a swing position. Give some strength to your wrists.
• The trick is here, pull out your thumb just before you do for the other two fingers.
• You will have to rotate your fingers a bit during release. The spin of the ball should be controlled by your two fingers.
• Make a posture of 7 ‘O clock during the release with your fingers.
• For increasing the degree during your release, just spin the ball a bit and release it very quickly.
let’s watch a video
I have tried to give you a basic idea of how to throw a bowling ball. I hope that there will be no need for you to visit any coach and waste money to learn the things I have mentioned here. My tips will make you a legend like Pete Webers in no time! I am just kidding, it will require a lot of patience and practice form your part.
If you want a proper training guide, then read our another post about How to spin a bowling ball
Leave a Reply