Are you a big fan of Earl Anthony, the most famous bowler in the world who holds more than 41 PBA titles? Do you want to learn to bowl exactly like him? Are you in need of a guide who will tell you how to spin a bowling ball like the legend Earl Anthony? I will not disappoint you because I can tell you how to play like him.
Even though I am not Earl Anthony himself since he is not alive anymore, but I have always been his fan since I was 8 years old. I am his fan until today. Since I have been his fan for more than 8 years and I watched him play all this time, I will be able to guide you on his playing tactics.
I hope that you know how to hold a bowling ball correctly but I will still give you my tips on how you can do it better.
Some Tips on how to spin a bowling ball:
Spinning a bowling ball is difficult without proper experience whether bowling a ball being a woman or a man. Here are some tips that might help you do so.
How to hold a bowling ball
You already know something about how to hold a bowling ball. Here is how you can make it better.
- Use only the three fingers: middle, thumb and the finger where you put a ring. Make sure that they are deep inside. The thumb should be in the largest of the three holes.
- Do not hold the ball with too much force. Your thumb is playing a major role during your release of the ball when it comes to accuracy.
- Use the other hand (i.e. If you are a righty, the left hand) to decrease some pressure on your primary hand.
- if you cannot hold a bowling ball properly, then how to spin a bowling ball easily??? So holding a bowling ball is a very important thing for playing bowling ball.
- If you can not hold a bowling ball just like that then How to spin a bowling ball. So holding a bowling ball is very important for playing bowling ball.
Spinning a bowling ball
I am sure that you are just a big bowling fan like me. If you have watched bowling games, you would realize by now that the spinning technique is a technique used by the best bowlers today.
The spinning technique was also one of Earl Anthony’s favorite. Let me get more into the details about it below. Take a cup of coffee in your hand and keep reading my guide.
- A lot of things will depend on the way you are releasing the ball in the first place. When I use the spinning technique, I always try to make sure that I am not putting too much pressure on the ball with my fingers. During the release, make sure that the ball does not get stuck on your fingers.
- I hope that you are not a beginner for a bowling ball, but if you are then trying to avoid bowling balls that have an asymmetrical block of weight. This was a common mistake I used to make when I tried to play myself.
- If you want to produce a small spin of the ball, make sure that you do not spin it too much during the release. You need to spin more during your release if you want a strong spin.
- My suggestion is not to spin the ball by more than 20 degrees. The minimum should be 15 degrees.
- Do not take a ball which is more than 8% of your body weight. For example, if you are 80 kg, take a maximum weight of around 7 kg for the ball.
- Have a look at the gap between the pins which you will be targeting. Now, take the ball in your fingers.
- To achieve maximum rotation, grip the ball with maximum force and vice versa.
- Take out your thumb, but keep the other fingers in the ball. Slowly lift your fingers.
- Make sure that you are not moving your arms and the wrist too much when will be making a swinging from the back. The delivery and release of the ball are much more important.
- Spin your wrist and your hand in the opposite direction of the shaking of your hand. Release the ball and it should fall all the pins in no time.
I am giving you some tips on How to Hook a Bowling Ball. It is a bit different but not too tough once you go through my guide.
- Your thumb can rest during this step. Hooking the ball requires you to use the tip of your finger.
- No need to change your approach.
- You must have seen how the pendulum of a clock goes back and front. In this step, you have to move your hands like a clock.
- The rest is similar to the way you do for the spinning technique.
Let’s see a video review
To achieve the best results, you will have to combine all my tips together and practice these techniques as much as possible. Remember that Earl Anthony did not become the legend as he was by going through a guide and doing it only once overnight.
I hope that you have got a good idea of how to spin a bowling ball and enjoyed reading my guide.
If you want to know more about bowling balls, read our Hammer Bowling Ball Review.