Bowling and injuries are greatly related to each other. But if you utter the words “Bowling Injuries” to a non-bowler, he or will be surprised. In some cases, they will troll you for that. But the reality is injury exits in Bowling ball. There are several injuries related with this world booming game.
Is there any question arise in your mind? e. Want to know about the injuries that can take place while you are playing bowling ball? Just stay calm & read through the whole discussion. Here we have tried our best to discuss all the problems & injuries you may face in playing bowling ball.
Where there is a problem there is a solution. As there are injuries there is some way to avoid this. We will discuss it here.
How do Bowling Injuries Happen?
A bowling ballplayer can get injured in different ways. The terms and conditions of the game are so easy and much more riskless than other games. But it is not altogether free from injuries. People can get wounded by dropping a ball on his or her foot, slipping on the pitch, falling down on the pitch and in much more ways. Major of the bowling injuries are not considered as traumatic injuries but as overuse injuries. Overuse injuries occur by doing something repetitively. If the bowler through the ball that is heavier to him or her that will cause injuries to his or her muscle. This type of injuries can place stress on the bodies muscle, ligaments, joints, tendons and so forth. If a player plays 40-50 games per week, he will definitely have some injuries. So a player must be calculative in playing games to avoid such injuries.
What are the bowling injuries?
A lot of injuries can be occurred in playing bowling ball. Having injury for a player is not a good news at all. So every player always tries to become free from injury. Here we have created a list of injuries that can make problems for a bowling ball player. Here is the list,
• Rupturing of the Achilles’ tendon
• Bowler tendonitis’s
• Bowlers elbow
• Herniated disc
• Finger Sprain
• Thumbs injuries
• Legs Injuries
Those are some major injuries that a bowler faces during playing. There are also some other injuries.
Why Injuries Occurred?
In the upper portion, there is a list of bowling injuries. That means a bowling ball player can be wounded by those. But why those things occur? To understand the answers please continue reading this. We have some excellent description on it,
1. Rupturing of the Achilles’ tendons: This is the first injury named on our list. This injury will occur when the bowlers Achilles tendon tears or completely snaps. Generally, this kind of injury will occur to them who are not much active.
2. Bowler Tendonitis: This is another type of injury for a bowling ballplayers. This injury occurs very repeatedly. If the bowler’s tendons of the wrist become irritated or inflamed, this kind of injury will occur. This is also one kind of overuse injury. If you play more and more in respect to your energy, you are more likely to be injured. So to become free from this kind of injury you must not play the game repeatedly unless you have enough endurance.
3. Bowlers elbow: This injury comes in our next discussion. This is another kind of injury that the bowler faces in bowling. This is also named as golfer’s elbow. This is an inflammatory condition. This occurs around the bump of the elbow. This whole process is called medical epicondyle. This is the attachment point. This attaches the common flexor of the forum muscles. Elbow pain can also occur by using the ball that is too heavy. A bowler should not use a ball that is much heavy to the bowler. This kind of injury can be happened by using too much pressure when gripping the ball. If the bowler uses a poorly fitted ball there is a chance of being injured.
4. Herniated disc: Herniated disc is a problem that refers to a problem that occurs between individual bones. A herniated disc will occur when a portion of the disc pushes through a crack in the annulus of the body. This kind of injury will have occurred if the bowler is not conscious. The bowler has to choose the perfect ball and perfect running to avoid this injury.
5. Finger Sprain: Finger sprain is the most commonly happened injury to a bowler. The finger sprain is greatly related to bowling injuries. When a bowler grips the ball, he or she will get finger sprain. If he or she try larger ball than he can afford, finger sprain is more likely to happen. So the bowler has to choose the correct ball for his or her best performance without any injury. Some experts have tried to find out grades of the finger sprain. They have divided finger sprain in three grade
Grade 1: This refers to just stretching
Grade 2: When less than 90% of the ligament is torn
Grade 3: When more than 90% of the ligament is torn
6. Legs Injuries: The bowler may face some leg injuries also. This may occur when the bowler slips down or something like that.
How to avoid some injuries?
Injuries those are discussed in the above can be avoided by the bowling ball player easily if they are conscious enough. To avoid those we have some magical tips for you, so what are you waiting for? Let’s start,
• Use the exact weight in choosing a bowling ball that suits you the most.
• Keep balance when you are ready to through a ball.
• Don’t bow down too much.
• Avoid using rental shoes that are so slippery or sticky.
• Use greatly fitted bowling ball.
• Reserve some time for performing strength exercise.
• Don’t crush your finger with an upcoming ball in the tray.
if you want to read a proper guide of throwing a bowling ball, then click here for read.
Bowling ball is a very popular game right now in the world. People all around the world are engaging themselves to get pleasure. But there are also some risks of Bowling Injuries. In the upper portion, we have tried to discuss several injuries that will occur. Injuries can harm a bowler’s career greatly. At some point, this can destroy your career. But nothing to worry. Because we have discussed some solutions for you. That can help you a lot. So try to follow all this & enjoy the beautiful game!