You need to refresh yourself after a day full of monotonous work.While digital entertainment has become quite popular, it also strains your eyes, gets you depressed, reduces human interaction and often causes insomnia. If you are old school and allergic to spending too much time on gadgets with the need to take an entertaining break for starting fresh, indoor games can be the key to your escape from monotony. As a matter of fact, one such indoor game that takes away your tensions focuses your thoughts and invigorates you is the game of pool. Apparently, the easy to install a Pool table, the specified places for keeping the Pool equipment neatly and its grand look makes it commonplace enough to be found at maximum offices, clubs, and houses.
Now, if you are planning to buy a pool table for your own house or office to enjoy with your own people and increase its grandeur, you definitely want the best pool table. In order to get exactly that, you have to dig deep into the types and features of a pool table and know what you want. In addition, good things demand high costs. So, a pool table providing you with so much delight demands a high price too. And, we will help you choose the best pool tables with this article of ours. In order to help you know what you need to look into while buying a pool table, we have included a buying guide with our review of eight best pool tables. Hopefully, it will inspire you to buy the pool table best suited to your needs. Let us start!
Best Pool Tables
We have chosen eight best pool tables for review. If you are serious about buying a pool table, we think you will like one of the mentioned lots.
1. Fat Cat Pockey 7feet Black 3-in-1 Air Hockey, Billiards, and Table Tennis Table.
The first table on our list is the Fat Cat Pockey 7feet Black 3-in-1 Air Hockey, Billiards, and Table Tennis Table. As you might have a change of taste after playing pool every day, this table allows you to play two other games being a multi-game table. In fact, with a dimension of 80″ L x 44″ W x 32″ H, the convertible top can change easily among a billiard, a table tennis, and an air hockey top.As for the individual sizes:
- The Air hockey surface measures 74 by 38 inches
- The billiard playfield measures 74 by 32 inches and
- The table tennis surface measures 84 by 42 inches.
Apparently, it is a bit small in size but that provides you with more space to move around on.
The Billiard surface comprises of materials like TetolonGreen cloth, rubber bumpers, and drop-pockets. Whereas tri-fold table topper constitutes the table tennis surface.
On the other hand, the glossy white Air Hockey surfaces come lined like an air hockey rink. Also, it has a high output blower for creating a thick cushion of air for puck motion. Moreover, it has a manual scoring system.
Finally, the added accessories are:
- Four Pushers
- Fours Pucks
- Set of 2-1/4” billiard balls
- Resin triangle
- Two two-piece cues of 57”
- Billiard brush
- Two chalks
- Two table tennis balls and paddles
- Net and post set.
Well, that was a long list, wasn’t it?
- Three games in one just one table.
- The small size saves space and provides with larger play area.
- The design of each feature is excellent.
- It comes with all the required accessories.
- The wood core makes pool surface durable and stable.
- Reliable for flipping and adjusting.
- Construction is solid and durable.
- Available levelers make sure it’s perfectly leveled.
- Smooth surface.
- Pucks of various sizes.
- A motor is efficient and doesn’t overheat.
- Latch system works well.
- Though small, it has a great weight.
- Billiard balls cannot be returned.
- The brush does not have a handle.
2. Playcraft Sports Bank Shot 40-Inch Pool Table.
Second on our list is the Playcraft Sports bank Shot Pool table which is perfect for pool lovers only. With a dimension of 40 x 20 x 9 inches and a play surface area of 20 by 40 inches, it is rather big. Thus, it is suitable for parties. MDF wood species construct the frame and play surface. Therefore, it is quite strong but not as accurate as slate surfaces. Also, it comes with attachable legs which are quite easy to attach and set the table. The cherry frame finish and the blue billiard cloth makes it attractive and stylish.
And, it includes all the required equipment:
- 15 Ball racks
- A set of pull balls
- 2 Cue sticks of lengths from 2- 36 inches.
Well, it has lesser accessories than our first pool table but quite enough for just one game.
In addition, the playing surface is flat and the Cues are normal jump cues. The soft pressboard is not good for jump shots but allows bank shots.
- The MDF wood construction makes it very tough and durable. Plus, keeps it traditional.
- Easier to set-up and store due to the presence of detachable legs.
- Is small in size thus keeps ample space for you to move around.
- Great value for the price.
- Comes with everything the game might require.
- It is lightweight as well.
- The cushions are very responsive.
- A good table for children to play on.
- Easily provides room for two to four players although it is small in size.
- You can place on a coffee table or any other surface without difficulty.
- Poor construction of Cue Sticks. Moreover, they are warped and lack a good finish.
- The height of the table is around 2 feet. As a result, you need to place it on another surface to play.
- Many complained that the legs are not tough enough and get wobbly over time.
- Pockets have inconvenient size and design.
- Not suitable for experts or professionals.
3. HLC 55″ Folding Space Saver Pool Billiard Table.
As the name suggests, if you do not have enough space but want to play pool at your house from time to time, HLC 55″ Folding Space Saver Pool Billiard Table should be on your checklist. This particular table is a portable one with folding features. So, if you want to hide your pool table to make your room look spacious, just fold it and keep it under the bed or anywhere. But, even if it were not foldable, it would not have created any difficulties. Because it is quite small with a size of 55 L x 29 W x 31.5 H inches. Moreover, it is lightweight with a weight of 42.8 pounds.In fact, you will find no problem regarding placement.
As for the quality of the table, it is quite sturdy and strong. You can put your full weight while leaning on it to take your shot without any worries. But, it can be flimsy at times. Apparently, the table is constructed of solid wood, has a blue cloth top and thin rails around the edges. And, synthetic leather makes up the pockets. Also, the table surface is very smooth.
In fact, it comes with:
- 2 Billiard Cues
- A rack
- A brush
- A billiard ball set
- One billiard chalk.
- The folding system makes it convenient for short time usage and easy storage.
- Its size saves a lot of space.
- Quite easily portable because of its lightweight.
- It comes fully assembled so you do not have to go through the difficulty of arranging and setting it.
- The structure is quite sturdy so you can lean on it while playing without thinking.
- Comes with everything you require to play like real pool balls, cues, rack, chalk and brush.
- It has a high quality and smooth playing surface that helps your game be more accurate.
- Made of solid wood so it is very durable.
- Low-quality, warped and small Cue Sticks.
- Pockets are too small so the balls fall out of it.
- Billiard balls coming with it are too small as well.
- Not for expert players.
4. Hathaway Fairmont 6 ft. Portable Pool Table.
This pool table is another great one among the portable pool tables. It has a folding leg system which makes it easier to store and set whenever you want. Apparently, this table with a dimension of 76 L x 43.25 w x 32 inches saves space in your room giving you room for movement. The play surface area of 66 X 33 inches is well constructed with MDF making it quite sturdy. Though the blue polyester/wool felt on the surface is smooth and of high quality, it is a bit delicate so easy to damage.
All you have to do to set this table up is unpack it and unfold the legs. But, you might need to adjust the level a bit. Though it’s very easy to set, it’s not that easy to carry. It has a weight of around 190 pounds so you might need another person for help unless you want to strain your muscles.
In addition, this portable table is better than the last in case of construction. In fact, it comes with durable melamine top rails of 5-inch width, round rail sites and also fast l-cushions. As a result, you can easily lean on this table, take aim, shoot and get an accurate gameplay. Now, as for the pockets- the table has gorgeous rope net pockets that are of Matte Black melamine Cabinet color.Moreover, the pockets have chrome plated corner castings.
The whole package comes with:
- The folding table.
- All billiard accessories you could need and ask for.
- Storage/ cover bag.
- Legs with the capability to fold make it easier to store.
- Takes a considerably small amount of space leaving enough room for the players to move around.
- Extremely easy to set up. In fact, all you need to do is unpack and unfold.
- Legs come with 1.5 inch stabilizing levelers.
- The MDF used in bed core construction makes the whole table very tough and reliable to lean on. Plus, it is CARB certified.
- Blue polyester/ wool felt provides a smooth gaming surface.
- Legs made of steel make the structure stronger.
- The high-quality materials used in construction make the table very durable.
- Responsive cushions.
- Durable rails.
- Weight makes it harder to carry
- The cues are not good enough.
5. Hathaway 40 inch Sharp Shooter Table Top Billiard Table
The Hathaway 40 inch Sharp Shooter Table Top Billiard Table is a mini table with dimensions of 40 x 21.5x 7 inches. But, do not let its size make you think its performance will not be top-notch. It is actually a table-top pool table that is it has to be set on the top of a table to be played on. Thus, it has really short L shaped padded legs. Also, with a weight of only 24 pounds, it is not very easy to carry alone but two people can carry it easily.As a matter of fact, the 1.25 inches thick MDF bed is of this table CARB certified. So, you can trust its strength and longevity.Though MDF beds are not as accurate and warp-free as slate beds it will not really matter unless you are a professional. So, for your level of play, it has the best value for the price.
The felt over the bed is made of high-quality fabric providing the balls with a perfect surface to roll on. Moreover, the cushions are very well designed.
The Hathaway Sharp Shooter table comes with:
- Two 36-inch cues
- One set of 1.25-inch billiard balls.
- Two pieces of chalk
- A brush
- A triangle.
- Easily portable because of its small size.
- Strong and balanced short legs for placing on the table and they prevent marring.
- The MDF bed is durable, strong and CARB certified.
- Felt made of high-quality fabric provides a very smooth surface to play on.
- It is really easy to clean.
- The cushions are efficiently designed and provide sufficient bounce to the balls.
- Accessories that come with it are of everything you need to play and of good quality.
- The cues come with the perfect length and weight.
- Balls are also well designed and move quite smoothly.
- The brush has a perfect size for easy cleaning.
- Warranty of 90 days.
- Stored easily.
- Need to assemble the legs.
- Triangle without efficient design.
- Pockets are too small.
6. Hathaway Maverick Table Tennis and Pool Table
If your mood lingers between pool and table tennis often, this table is for you. If you had given up hope on having both games at your house then surprise! You can have them now. In fact, the Hathaway Maverick is a 7 feet table comes with the surface for both table tennis and pool table. The pool table field comes in the dimension of 74.75 L x 36.75 W x 3/4 inches and the table tennis rink is 84 L x 46 W x 1/2 inches. Yes, the table is smaller than other pool tables but it still makes you feel that you are really playing the game. Moreover, the small size helps you to have enough space to move around even in a small game room.
The pool table top is made of MDF along with high-quality felt. Whereas the tennis table top is made of two pieces of cheap heavy pressboard. Moreover, the top rails are silver laminated with ½ inches white inlay sights and chrome-plated corner cap.
Then, the cushions are reinforced rubber cushions which evidently provide a perfect rebound to the balls.The outside panels are Blake laminated with black ABS molded corners. Also, the legs can be leveled.
The package comes with:
- All equipment for playing pool.
- Also, everything needed for playing tennis.
- Two games in one at a profitable price.
- Small size leaves enough space for movement.
- Stylish design with red pool table, blue table tennis table, and black legs.
- Made of high-quality fabric that helps the ball move straight and smoothly.
- Easy to set up.
- Not very heavy.
- Reinforced rubber cushions allow accurate rebound for the balls.
- Legs are adjustable for leveling.
- Quite durable.
- Comes with a warranty of 90 days.
- The accessories are of low quality and come with flaws.
- Pool cues are rather light in weight.
- The table tennis board is made of cheap material but good enough to play on.
- No ball return.
7. Mizerak Dynasty Space Saver Billiard Table
Before we get to discussing how convenient Mizerak Dynasty Space Saver Billiard Table is, let us put all that aside and take a look at it! Looks marvelously professional! In fact, the prim and proper craft with the perfect finish gives it a classic look. Even the color combination shows the exquisite taste of the manufacturer.
Since pool tables are for playing pool on and not decoration, let me tell you the actual important facts about this table now. This particular table has a convenient size of 6.5 feet to fit in any room and also save space. It weighs from 150-200 pounds which make it possible for two persons to carry it around easily. Also, the weight is heavy enough to provide ample stability to learn and play on.
As for quality construction, Mizerak will not disappoint you. Apparently, the MDF play-bed is double sealed to help keep ball roll consistency. As the cherry on top for smooth play, the bed is topped with a high-quality green nylon cloth which makes the table magnificent in terms of looks as well. Also, it is delicately lined with rubber cushion to provide the perfect rebounds.
The pockets with automatic ball return system make the Mizerak stand out from others. This saves you from the strain of manually collecting the balls and losing focus.
Finally, the whole buy includes:
- The mighty table
- Two cues
- A set of billiard balls
- Two chalks.
- A classically professional looking billiard table that will definitely enhance the beauty of your house.
- Has a size that can be fitted into your small game room easily and leave enough space to move around.
- A perfect weight that is light enough to be carried easily by two people and heavy enough to stay stable avoiding tilts.
- The double sealed MDF play bed provides makes the games better.
- Nylon cloth topping provides the table with a smooth surface and a great look.
- Rubber cushions offer the perfect rebounds.
- Pockets come with automatic ball return mechanism.
- Comes with leg levelers making it easier to adjust the level.
- Gives off a chemical smell if placed in a closed room.
8. Mini Pool Table Set for Kids- Portable Indoor and Outdoor Table Top Billiards Games.
The name serves this table well. Apparently, it is a kid-sized billiard table for kids with dimensions of 12.25 x 20.25(L) x 3.5(H) inches. So, if you do not have a game room, you can place it on any free table in your house and start playing. Moreover, it’s mini size and tabletop design makes it easily portable. Thus, it is suitable for both indoor and outdoor and only requires a table under it to reach the required height for playing.
The small size of this table might give you doubts about its capacity but do not let its size fool you. It uses the same high-quality materials as bigger recreational pool tables. So, you can trust its accuracy and longevity.
In addition, this mini table comes with a cute miniature version of all the accessories needed for the game:
- Two 18.75 inch Cues
- 16 balls of 1-inch diameter
- A reliable mini version of a pool table that provides with real-life action despite its size.
- Its mini size makes it convenient for use in any small space.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use because of its lightweight.
- Fun for both kids and adults (who play for fun only).
- Uses high-quality materials for construction.
- No need for adjustment of balls due to six pockets available around the table.
- The cushions are not responsive enough.
- Ball speed not accurate or good enough.
- You have to hit the balls gently as they are too light in weight.
Buying Guide for the Best Pool Tables
Here is a list of things you should look into while buying a pool table. Better be cautious than sorry!
- The size: There is no point in buying a pool table that does not fit perfectly in your room. Moreover, even if it does fit in the room but leaves no space for aiming your cue and shooting, the sole purpose of the table remains unfulfilled. So, you have to consider the size of the pool table and see if it fits inside the room. Then, you have to check that it leaves enough space for the players to move around and use their cue without any interference from the wall. On the other hand, you have to keep other furniture and obstacles away from the player’s path as well.
We have listed down the dimension of rooms required for the various sizes of the pool table. But, we did so without taking the rails into account. Apparently, the rails can vary from 4 to 6 inches in length.
The required dimension of rooms for the pool tables are:
- 7 Feet Tables- They are of the dimension 39 inches by 78 inches. Actually, they require rooms of 13 feet and 3 inches by 16 feet and 6 inches.
- 8 Feet Tables- Having a dimension of44 inches by 88 inches, they require rooms of 13 feet and 8 inches by 17 feet and 4 inches.
- 9 Feet tables- With a dimension of 50 by 100 inches, they need rooms of 14 feet and 2 inches by 18 feet and 4 inches.
So, make sure you choose the right size of the pool table to glorify your room with its efficiency.
- The Table Bed or Play Area: It is completely natural to check what the game area of the table is constructed of. Usually, the bed of the table is constructed with one of these two materials- Slate or MDF.
- Slate Bed: Slates are what pool tables used to be and still is made of from the beginning of its existence. What are slates? They are simply rocks that are transformed into smooth flat sheets for cue games like pool, billiard etc. It is the slate that provides the actual play area on the pool table.Most people prefer slate beds because of the superior accuracy and individual leveling adjustability it provides.In fact, many table beds use two to three pieces of slates.
Moreover, they are available in various thicknesses- ¾ inches, 7/8 inches, 1 inch etc.). But, the slates with 1-inch thickness provide you with the best accuracy and game area. Moreover, thicker slates are used on larger and more expensive pool tables.On the other hand, the ¾ inch thick slates are cheaper but they are less accurate and less durable. So, just choose the 1-inch ones and make sure that they are not 7/8 inch ones as it is hard to differentiate between them with eyes.
- MDF Bed: MDF beds are becoming really popular nowadays. In fact, these beds are made from MDF, a kind of cardboard that is made by gluing wood fibers under heat and pressure. As a result, the tables with MDF beds are easy to move owing to less weight and also less expensive. Nevertheless, it does not provide with the same accuracy and durability that a slate bed does.
So, our suggestion would be to stick to pool tables with slate beds.
- Legs: Well, legs of solid wood are best for pool tables. Moreover, some of the legs are curved or designed but that does not affect the quality of the table just the looks. So, if you want to buy a pool table with stylish legs then feel free. But, do make sure they are made of solid wood.
- The Frame: In fact, this is one of the most important things to consider. If the frame is weak or with faults, even if the slate is of the highest quality, it will fall. Because the frame is what holds the whole table together.
Usually, like legs, the best frames are also made of solid wood which makes them tough and well balanced. In addition, they come with cross beams that help support better.
As a matter of fact, the type of frame beam required depends on the size of the slate. ¾ inches thick slates can do with two crossbeams. But, larger slates require more crossbeams and will do better with quad-beam construction that uses two crossbeams and two long beams for support.
- Rails and Cushion: In fact, rails made of the solid wood works best as it provides with the perfect bounce. Moreover, they need to be attached in place with bolts that run through the frame and the slate as this makes the cushions respond well. Lastly, you should prefer the presence of tack strip as it keeps the felt tightly-fitted.
As for the cushion, it is best to choose the accepted standard of K-66.
- Pockets: In fact, there are three kinds of pocket you can choose from:
- Drop pockets: The ball just drops into the pocket and you have to retrieve it by pulling with hand.
- Ball Return: This kind of pockets are actually tunneled that the table has and which gathers the balls in one line. Mostly, commercial pool tables have them.
- Enclosed Ball Return: It’s just a modified version of ball return pocket with a cover to make it look more professional.
As for the material, our suggestion is:
- Do not go for plastic pockets ( Poor quality)
- You can choose rubber pockets for commercial pool tables.
- Choose leather pockets for residential pool tables.
7.Felt: In order to get superior gameplay, accuracy, speed and better resilience, it is best to choose a felt made of worsted-wood cloth. Also, it is easier to clean. Nylon blends can also be used. Actually, it does not make much of a difference.
On another note, you should choose a color that suits the room décor.
- Accessories: Cues, balls, bridge sticks, pool ball racks, etc. are some playing equipment that the pool table ought to come with. Just check that they are flawless and of good quality.
If you are fine with what the table offers in each of these aspects, it’s a green signal for buying it.
Frequently Asked Questions about the best pool tables:
- How can a pool table be maintained?
Answer: If you want to make your pool table last, you definitely need to be careful about how you use it.
Firstly, as most pool tables are made of wood, keep them in dry to make them last years.
Secondly, the felt needs to be replaced every few years. If you do not want to replace it then there are fabric treatments available which extend felt lives. Also, the cushions need to be replaced every 10-15 years.
Finally, take care it does not get any huge blow or pressure.
- How hard is it to move pool tables?
Answer: The level of difficulty actually depends on the design and manufacture of the table.
There are tables that come fully attached or assembled. In fact, they are harder to carry as they are bigger and of a definite design. At least two people need to work together to move them.
Then again, most of our mentioned tabled were foldable or de-attachable. So, they are easier to carry but takes more time. As you need to de-assemble, move, assemble then re-level. But, they are carried part by part, so easier to move.
Well, you can totally understand that there is a huge variety of pool tables available in the market. Some provide quality gaming area, some decor and the best provides both. Which table is perfect for you can be determined by your level of play and your purpose of buying the table.If you are buying it to play occasionally, then you can focus more on the outlook and less on the gaming accuracy it provides. But, if you are a more serious player, you can focus more on the gaming specifications and material. Since pool tables are a big investment, it is best to focus on both.
Again, if you want to play a number of games with a single investment then buy the combined tables. As it saves money and it hits two-three birds with one stone.
We have come to the end of our guide and review for the best pool tables. Hopefully, one of the eight pool tables we reviewed will be the pool table you desire. However, you have to be careful about the harmful aspects of it and the pool sports injuries. And, we hope you will get a good value for your money by being very speculative before buying the table. Do not get ripped off!
We will be back with more. See you again!