Are you looking for the best golf drivers for mid handicappers and have not been meeting with success yet?
Then let us help you find drivers for mid to high handicappers and touch a bit about what would be the best driver for high handicappers.
For the people who play golf, a handicapper is a term for basically someone who has some talent with golf, and the simplest way to put it is that the higher the handicapped the more the said golf player is in transition or is new to the sport. So, if you are talking about someone with a high handicap in golf, it means that he or she is either new or his or her strokes are not as good as those who have lower handicaps.
So, for those who are newer to the game, you should try to find the best golf drivers for beginners first before you transition to finding golf drivers for mid handicappers. Usually, the best driver lofts for beginners are the stronger and more durable ones, so they may tend to be a bit more expensive compared to others.
A lot may ask what loft driver should a high handicap use? Basically, if you’re sinking for beginning a round of golf, the stronger the driver the better the acceleration would be, so it is best if they find the ones with a lesser weight. For the newer ones, you should look for the best driver loft for 90 mph swing speed, that way you can swing a lot better.
What loft driver do I need? The answer to that is dependent on the level of the handicap of the player, but generally speaking, the harder and lighter the driver, the better it is.
When can you say that you are a mid handicapper? If you are already good enough that you know how to stop a slice in golf with a driver, then you should think about transitioning to the mid and low handicap levels.
But before we proceed let us talk about what a driver is first. More professionally known as the 1-wood, the golf item known as the driver is often times the club that weighs the lightest but is also the longest in the arsenal of the player.
This is historically used from the tee or the fairway but with modern innovations to the design, specifically when club heads are now made out of metal that is hollow, allowing the driver to be able to hit away from the fairway turf, but then again if they are doing swings with driver away from the fairway turf, then they are usually already mid-level players.
The next club after that is the 2-wood which is a little bit heavier and a design that has a deep face so to speak. This is used for distances that are not us far whenever you use your 1-wood or the driver. However, because the two wood is more of a transition club, the player usually uses either the 1-wood or directly uses the 3-wood, and just apply increasing or decreasing force accordingly.
That is why getting the driver right for you, is extremely important, since not only will you be carrying it for the duration of the game, but you also have to manage your strength, since you will be using it a lot of time and, more often than not, is the driver or club that is used for around 80% of the golf field, compared to the other kinds of clubs.
As mentioned before, the designs and materials used for drivers have been the constant subject of innovation and discussion, due in part of its utility in a game of golf and also because honestly speaking a driver just look so cool. Since the idea of golf is that it will the lesser number of strokes, having your first or second swing cover a lot of distance can be a big part of you losing or winning a game.
In a nutshell, the kind of driver you use can make or break your game.
It also does not help that most of the high handicappers aspire to be like the pros, so they purchased the golf paraphernalia of their celebrity idols, not knowing that each player has their own unique needs and strengths.
Because of this, most of the drivers in the market today have been designed with a lot of customization to fill the demand for a good driver. As what was written before, most of the drivers nowadays how a metal club head, which ensures better grip and control of the club.
Head Volume: 460cc
Head Orientation: Right/Left
Length: 45.5 inch
Weight: 0.64 pounds
|PINEMEADOW SPR DRIVER||
Shaft Material: low-torque graphite
Head Volume: 460cc
Head Orientation: Right
Length: 42 inch
Weight: 1 pounds
Head Volume: 450cc
Head Orientation: Right
Length: 45.75 inch
Weight: 0.64 pounds
|ADAMS GOLF MEN’S BLUE DRIVER RH||
Shaft Material: Graphite
Head Volume: 460cc
Head Orientation: Left
Length: 45.50 inch
Weight: 1 pounds
Shaft Material: Graphite
Head Volume: 460cc
Head Orientation: Right
Length: 45.50 inch
Weight: 6.1 pounds
Let us take a look at
what would be the best golf drivers for mid handicappers.
So, what are you going to look for when you want to get the best golf drivers for mid handicappers like yourself or a friend? You got to start with knowing the basics of what makes a golf driver most suited for mid handicappers.
If you are in the transition phase from a high handicapper or beginner to emit handicapper, then the most important characteristic of the driver that you are 4 is actually not strength or length, but how the driver will help you be more accurate. Most mid handicappers already know how to control their strength, so the next face after strength is the accuracy of your swings. Generally speaking the longer the driver, the more difficult it is to control.
Ranking from what characteristic you need the most to the least, it should be: First, convenience and accuracy, second, durability or materials used, third, length that is comfortable for you, fourth, the aesthetics and design and the weight, with the lighter ones having more priority, and lastly, the price.
Let us talk about these five characteristics quickly.
- Convenience or accuracy is of course extremely important. But how do you measure accuracy? Is not accuracy the skill of the user instead of a characteristic of a golf driver? You are not wrong, but the golf driver plays an immensely big part with regards to the accuracy. Generally, you would know that the golf driver is good for you if after a few strokes you can feel that you can connect the club to the golf ball accurately. Of course, nothing beats playing golf in real life.
- Durability or materials that are used is very straightforward. While there is still some wooden clubs, those are typically very rare and are usually collector’s items. It is advised for the mid to high handicappers to use either steel or alloy based golf drivers.
- The length of the golf driver plays an immense part on its accuracy and generally the longer the driver the less accurate it is; however, this is a case to case basis and some players would rather get a driver that is long since it can increase the distance of the swing. The advisable length for men would be at around 43 and a half inches and for women will be 43 inches. The maximum size under the regulations would be 48 inches.
- For aesthetics, this is where your personal taste matters the most. Some prefer the classy grey metal sheen while others have their own preferred colors. What is important here though is the weight, and it is advisable for the newer players to use a lighter club.
- Lastly, prices factor but you should never base your purchases on the price alone. Cheaper does not necessarily mean better for you.
What we are going to do next is to list down 5 of the most promising drivers for mid or even high handicappers so that it will take you less or swings to finish a golf game successfully.
This is a product from the Callaway Golf Company, which is one of the more popular sporting goods company that focuses more on golf, particularly golf accessories. This is an American company, with its main headquarters in Carlsbad, California. The focus more on manufacturing but they do have their own online and retail stores, however most of the time their products can be seen in other retailers. They are known for being the principal sponsor of the Callaway tour staff, with great players like Annika Sorenstam and Phil Mickelson. They are also one of the more well-known brands regarding golf products and for good reason. Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Individual Iron is an incredibly well-made driver that will definitely give you a much better game. The good thing about this is that it can make your ball speed faster to cover more distance.
One thing that you will notice when using the Big Bertha is that your swings connect and the shots will actually have a higher altitude and at the same time be on a straighter path. It is also relatively lighter at almost 14 and a half ounces of the 7 iron. You can choose to go with the steel or the graphite one, but for purposes of this article, we are talking about the one made of steel.
We are also describing the driver with the stiff flex feature since they also have a regular and a senior flex. If you can buy the whole set, you should since the whole set is made up of golf drivers meant for mid to high handicappers. If you can only buy one, choose the 7 iron.
The design is also very typical of Callaway; not only does it look very sleek and modern, but the face has the 360 cap technology that allows it to propel the shots even faster and for the road, perfect for the first or second swings if you want to cover a lot of distance.
It also has an internal standing wave, and you can feel it when you grip it and swing. The interesting about the loft is that it has 20 and a half degrees on it, which while standard for most golf drivers, works very well with this golf club since it has an arrow face that gets wider by a little bit to the tip, compared of course with other golf clubs which while wide at the tip is not as wide as this one.
- It looks very good.
- It is lightweight compared to the average in the market.
- A little bit on the shorter side for 7 irons.
- The design is very advanced and modern, with a narrative giving it an extra strength to propel your shots farther away.
- Relatively has a lower cost in relation to its features.
- Usually, other golf drivers have a head cover included with the package but this one does not offer one.
- I would prefer it to be a bit longer.
A good product from a great company, I will give this around 4 and a half stars out of possible 5. Well, I did choose the 7 iron, I expected it to be a bit longer. This is definitely a highly recommended product.
For those who prefer having one of the more affordable products, then an item from Pinemeadow golf could be a great fit for you. This company specializes in golf accessories, and have been in the industry for more than 15 years since they have been founded in 2000.
Their headquarters is located in Wilsonville, Oregon, and have quite a reputation for being the so-called accessible company for beginners, due to their price tags. However just because their price tags are quite a bit lower than most does not mean that the quality is worse.
Interestingly enough, they are actually more known for making custom fitted golf clubs so I would say that this club is more or less dead after what kind of clubs they usually fit for their players.
This club actually does its work really well and the great news is that it does its job at the usually a quarter of the cost of other golf drivers. This makes it a great gateway golf club for the newer and younger players. It has to be said however that this product itself is quite heavy since it weighs around a pound, gives or take a few ounces.
What this means is that it will have great firepower since the heavier the golf club, the more strength it can give out whenever you hit the ball so that you can cover more distance.
This is great for the high handicappers who are transitioning to the mid handicap level. It is also built from graphite and it looks professional enough. It should also be noted that the package itself has a head cover for the driver, which is a plus.
I would put this more as a budget driver if you cannot afford anything else, but this is definitely something that is practical, since it can propel your shots a lot farther than most at the fraction of the cost, but if you are carrying it, you will definitely feel the weight. This is a good product.
If you worried about to buy an iron than we try to cover up an article about the Best Irons for Intermediate Golfer. Hope it will help you bit more.
- This is one of, if not, cheapest golf drivers in the market today.
- I had cover for the golf driver is included in the package.
- The graphite shaft looks really good, it gives it a classy feel since it is so sleek and modern.
- The heavy weight of this golf driver will give you more distance once you hit the ball.
- It has the average length of other drivers in the marketplace, which makes it a really good transitional golf driver.
- Sadly, the golf driver can easily get broken so you have to take care of it really well so that it will survive until you get a new one.
- This is also one of the heavier ones.
If you are looking to save a few pennies here and there, then this is perfect for you. I will give this three and a half stars out of 5 since the golf driver can get easily damaged and is quite heavy to carry around.
On to one of the more aesthetically pleasing golf driver in the market today, this Adams Golf Men’s Blue Driver RH is a nice golf driver to play with since it really looks very sophisticated and classy.
The blue highlights can really catch somebody’s eye, and the graphite shaft is also very stylish and full of class. For the company itself, Adams Golf technically does not exist anymore since it was acquired by TaylorMade Golf Company.
Adams Golf is actually quite older and historically important golf club manufacturer. This company is well known for pioneering advertising golf clubs by use of the television infomercial, width the legendary sportscaster Jack Whittaker. You may know quite a few of their sponsored tour players, like Chad Campbell and Steve Wheat croft for the PGA and Michael Allen, Dana C. Quigley and Kenny Perry for the Champions Tour.
This classy golf driver is more suited for those who have a slow swing with a slower swing speed as well. The great thing about this golf driver is that anybody can use it, whether they be a high mid or low handicapper.
This is because the loft itself is very forgiving of your mistakes. In addition to that, this driver is very durable, and this can last for a very long time since you can use it at any level and it does not break easily.
The trajectory is important for mid-level golf players, and the altitude is great for distance. This blue driver can really propel the ball high up, which gives this driver great for covering distances.
Will its proprietary easy launch system, this golf driver is more focused on giving height and altitude to your swing. There is also another feature of this that is important to take note off, and that is the velocity slot technology, which is the concept behind the face of the golf driver that allows it to give the golf ball acceleration while it is still high up in the air.
The center of gravity for this is actually on the lower back end, which is again great for launching your golf ball high up to the sky. The shaft is also very stiff and straight and it gives it a very memorable appearance as well. The shaft is immensely flexible in life and this product weighs around a pound.
- This has the best design aesthetically speaking.
- Regarding its face, it is very efficient with regards to launching the golf ball high up in the sky, with the impressive easy launch system for a great starting speed upward and the velocity slot technology that allows it to stay as much as possible on the sky to give a much bigger scope for the distance that can be traveled by the golf ball.
- Relatively speaking, the price is within the average for the market but it has a lot of unique features that makes it very cost-effective.
- The shaft is very easy and convenient to use.
- The head cover that is delivered together with the package has a retro feel to it.
- You can be assured that your swings will propel your shots high up.
- Most often than not, your swings will produce high and straight shots, which may not be advantageous if you are looking for a more angled and curved shot.
- Personally speaking, it makes a very funny sound when it hits the ball like you hit an empty metal container.
One of the best golf drivers if you consider both the price and the utility, I will give this four and a half stars out of possible 5, if only they can take care of that hollow sound and also make it easier to make curved shots.
Do you want to know about the latest news, updated rules of golf and instruction from best golfers? Than visite US Golf TV
Tired of using the same products from the same golf companies? Want to diversify your golf equipment? Then getting this golf driver is a good choice. One very prominent feature is the interesting design in the face and loft; you’ll notice some hexagons there which actually is very helpful with regards to your swings.
This is, however, one of the heavier golf drivers since it weighs almost 2 and a half pounds. Together with the hexagon design, this golf driver can definitely propel your golf shots far and high.
If you are just looking for speed and distance and do not care much about the price, then this is perfect for you. The great thing about this golf driver is that any golf players of any level of handicapped will find a use for it due to the fact that the hexagon designs give extra force, and allows you the player not only conserve strength but also improve your golf skills.
- For those looking for novel golf equipment, this would really look great in your collection.
- Out of all of the golf drivers, this is the best regarding speed and strength.
- The priciest out of all the five golf drivers. The strength may be worth the price, but you may want to try other golf drivers if you find it a bit too expensive for your tastes.
- This is the heaviest golf driver in this review.
A great golf driver to have, I will give this four and a quarter stars out of 5. If the price is a bit lower and the wait a little bit lighter, then this would have been the best.