Are you looking for the best bowling ball for straight bowlers? You have come to the right place to find your answer. Your choices are very limited in that case. Bowlers who like to play straight need to consider fewer factors during bowling ball selection than those bowlers who like to play a curved or hooked shot.
Bowlers who play on heavy oil conditions often choose a ball with an aggressive coverstock. These balls create a lot of traction on the lane of play. Straight bowlers usually prefer a ball with a pearl coverstock which can slide down towards the pins without any problems. The ball will use its energy just before it comes in contact with the pins.
A major mistake which people make about professional straight bowlers is that anyone can play like them. For example, if a professional bowler can score 195, people think that they can also do the same. The thing is, the professionals are far better than league bowlers.
For playing on the lane with the driest conditions, we will recommend Storm natural bowling ball. Any player who needs more control during the front part of the lane and who prefer a lower ball speed will find this ball to be very useful. Here are my tips on how to choose one.
- Make sure that the weight of the ball and the price suits you.
- The ball should not hook more than you want it to.
- The coverstock of the ball. Usually, urethane balls have more hook potential and plastic balls are more suitable for straight players.
The List of Top 4 Best Bowling Ball For Straight Bowlers
Best Bowling Ball for Straight Bowlers 2019
bowling straight ball vs hook
There is a lot of competition between bowling straight ball vs hook. It depends on which style of play suits you the most. Both types of gameplay have their advantages and disadvantages.
Straight shots are usually preferred by players who like to put a lot of strength on their shots.
- The trajectory of the shot is not affected.
- It also requires very little time to master.
- A problem with this technique is that the pins will not always fall as expected.
- More preferable to professional players.
- More control over the ball.
- Less power required but takes longer to learn.
- More strikes possible.
To make the perfect ball, you will need to go to a store to make it suit your needs. If you do not have the patience to learn and invest time and money, it is better not to learn the hook shot.
We have a complete review based on Bowling ball hook, check it.
Overall, it does not matter which type of gameplay you should master as long as you can adjust to the lane conditions, leaves for spares and also your opponents.
Best bowling ball for slow speed :
In most cases, the speed of the ball is affected by the ball’s surface of the ball, how much oil is there in the lane and also the lane conditions. The speed of the ball depends a lot on the number of revolutions you put on it.
It is often a waste of time to look for the best bowling ball for slow speed. You can do it with any Urethane or plastic coverstock balls. It is often just by using a low flare ball you can control the reaction or the speed of the ball.
Which bowling balls are best for straight bowlers?
When I was a beginner in the bowling game, I often thought about what kind of bowling ball should I get at a reasonable price? There are thousands of balls to choose from and the list is often exhausting.
Here is my list of the best bowling balls for straight bowlers. I will also be discussing some of the best bowling balls for straight bowlers below.
1. Globe Viz-A-Ball Bowling Ball
Our top pick of the best bowling ball for straight bowlers. Carrying this ball around with you is like taking the planet Earth along with you. It is the perfect choice for any occasional bowler or novice. For playing on or off lanes this is our best option. Professional players will also find it comfortable to use.
It will glow when under black light. Your children and also adults who are fascinated with the Solar system will love it. When shipped, it weighs around 18 pounds.
The price of a ball is around $120. We will recommend that you order it from Amazon to ensure swift delivery of the ball. Rest assured that the appearance of the ball will be similar to the picture on the website.
It has a seam where both halves of the ball meet. The Length of the ball is 235 and breakpoint shape is 30. The coverstock is made of Polyester, which is our pick of It also features limited edition graphics with the 360-degree view of the planet Earth but some patterns may not align.
- Very accurate and straight upon release.
- Can be used in most types of lanes.
- Best for improving average gameplay.
- Balance is perfect for any player.
- Made of High-quality Polyester material for best performance.
- Need to be drilled form a professional bowling shop when bought.
- A bit heavy.
- Appearance can be pixelated and sloppy for some people.
2. BRUNSWICK LIZARD EYE GLOW VIZ-A-BALL
I bought this ball for my 15-year-old son and he loved it. The lizard eye on the surface of the ball will interest any potential buyer to buy it at first glance. When under blacklight, it will glow. As like many other balls from Brunswick, the image implanted on it is of limited edition graphics.
We will recommend it for players who are struggling with the 10 pins. With more practice, you can even improve your gameplay to as high as 20 pins and gain the respect of your friends.
You will find the ball to have a seam where both half parts of the ball will meet. The finishing touch is made by Rubbing with a Compound Single Buff. The coverstock is made of good quality plastic. Another good product from Brunswick. Anyone from a novice to an expert can use it at ease. It weighs around 12 pounds so it is not too heavy.
- Good quality and handling.
- Comes with a lizard T-shirt and towel.
- Appearance is exactly as it is on the internet.
- Young people can use it with ease.
- You will need to make a hole in the ball before using it.
- Sometimes the product may take a longer time to deliver.
3. MOTIV Venom Cobra Bowling Ball
We are expecting this ball to become MOTIV most popular bowling ball in the market. It is the 5th product from the “Venom” series. I have found it to be spectacular and the price is very reasonable for its performance. It will look awesome on your shelf. Any player from recreational to experienced can play with it without any problems.
This newest model from MOTIV features a brand new high-quality dual-density weight block and a revolutionary Sabotage Hybrid Reactive cover for the players. Expect to perform best to friction. We have tested it on might and medium oil and were satisfied with its performance. It weighs around 14 pounds. You will see the ball rolling across the lane and anticipate your movements.
If you want a better reaction to shocks, we will suggest to the polish off or reduce the grit of the surface. Do not forget to drill it after purchase. It will move through the front of the lane with ease.
- Most suitable for medium lanes.
- Has a strong mid-range arc.
- It will curve in 1-3 lanes perfectly.
- Better response to friction and more hooking.
- Easy to control not too shaky.
- We did not notice any problems during our trials.
4. Storm Mix Urethane Bowling Ball
Our best pick among Urethane-made bowling balls. As expected, they provide more durability than other balls. I am in favor of the lighter 6 or 8 pound balls for better control, which this ball also provides besides the 10 or 16-pound ones. During trials, it packed quite a punch due to its usual 3-piece core. Similar to Polar Ice, the mix also features first generation urethane coverstock which has more control than bowling ball series like Natural.
We will recommend it for playing on dry surfaces or used as a spare ball. You will get the best of it on light lanes and also if you are a straight player. My game improved by more than 20 pins after using this ball. If you are fond of colors, you will love it.
Make sure that you clean the ball properly before any major league games. Also, take proper care when buying since we have also heard about defective balls bought from little-known stores.
- The hooking can be controlled with ease.
- It will not react more than other reactive balls.
- Best strike ball for playing on desert-like dry conditions.
- Comes in various weights to be used by different players.
- Not suitable for medium lanes.
Tips on bowling balls for low rev bowlers
A low rev ball will cause more friction, less hook, and vice-versa. One of the best bowling balls for low rev bowlers will be the MOTIV Venom Cobra Bowling Ball. It will be discussed soon in this article.
Some tips on where to stand when bowling a straight ball
You will find my tips useful regarding where to stand when bowling a straight ball (good). Here are some of them below:
- Stand towards the right side of the line of a foul.
- For maximum pin carry, I will recommend that you throw the ball from an adjacent lane for the proper angle.
- Make sure that your right shoulder is around roughly 10 boards right from the center of your body.
We have reviewed the best bowling ball for straight bowlers of the current year. You should keep in mind that all balls are made according to performance, be it low, medium, or high. The manufacturer of the bowling ball will never sacrifice performance for the low cost of manufacturing the ball. Remember to make the right choice for a bowling ball which is suitable to your way of playing. Make sure to buy any bowling ball from Amazon to get the best product.